Office/Brokerage Management Course
Our 100% online Brokerage Management Course is the top choice for Tennessee Real Estate Agents wanting to obtain a Broker’s License. This 30 hour course is required to be eligible to sit for the Tennessee Broker’s License state examination. The course will prepare students to successfully run a real estate office.
Tennessee Real Estate Broker’s License Requirements
The requirements to obtain your Tennessee Real Estate Broker’s License are listed below. These requirements are additional to the requirements to obtain an Affiliate Broker's license. The full list of requirements can be found at the Tennessee Real Estate Commission website by clicking here. The information you need for your background check will be emailed to you after signing up for the course.
- Experience: Twenty-four (24) months actively licensed, if licensed as an affiliate broker on or before May 12, 1988. Thirty-six (36) months actively licensed, if licensed as an affiliate broker after May 12, 1988. Twenty-four (24) months actively licensed, if the candidate has a baccalaureate degree with a major in real estate.
- Education: Broker candidates must have successfully completed one hundred twenty (120) classroom hours of approved real estate education, thirty (30) hours of which must be an "Office/Broker Management" course taken at a school approved by the TREC.
The typical broker applicant's education is made up of the following courses:
- Basic Principles Course - 60 classroom hours. This course must be finished to be eligible to sit for the state licensing exam for an affiliate broker's license.
- New Affiliates Course - 30 classroom hours. This course is required to be taken before being eligible to apply for an affiliate broker's license.
- Office/Broker Management Course - 30 classroom hours. This course is required to be taken to be eligible to apply for a Broker's license in Tennessee.