Brokerage Post-License Course
This fully inclusive Brokerage Post-License package will contain the entire 120 hours of education required for new Tennessee Real Estate Brokers. The courses can be accessed at any time and completed at your convenience. With our package, you will not have to try to piece together all the courses required, everything will be right there in your course dashboard.
Tennessee Real Estate Broker’s License Requirements
The requirements to obtain your Tennessee Real Estate Broker’s License are listed below. These requirements are additional to the requirements to obtain an Affiliate Broker's license. The full list of requirements can be found at the Tennessee Real Estate Commission website by clicking here.
- Experience: Twenty-four (24) months actively licensed, if licensed as an affiliate broker on or before May 12, 1988. Thirty-six (36) months actively licensed, if licensed as an affiliate broker after May 12, 1988. Twenty-four (24) months actively licensed, if the candidate has a baccalaureate degree with a major in real estate.
- Education: Broker candidates must have successfully completed one hundred twenty (120) classroom hours of approved real estate education, thirty (30) hours of which must be an "Office/Broker Management" course taken at a school approved by the TREC. During the first renewal cycle of the license, the Broker must complete one hundred twent (120) hours of Post-License education within the first 3 years of licensure.
The typical broker applicant's education is made up of the following courses:
- Basic Principles Course - 60 classroom hours. This course must be finished to be eligible to sit for the state licensing exam for an affiliate broker's license.
- New Affiliates Course - 30 classroom hours. This course is required to be taken before being eligible to apply for an affiliate broker's license.
- Office/Broker Management Course - 30 classroom hours. This course is required to be taken to be eligible to apply for a Broker's license in Tennessee.
- Broker Post-License Course - 120 classroom hours. This course must be completed within the first 3 years of obtaining a Broker's license.